Sunday, February 3, 2008

神給我兩個盒子 God's Boxes

我手上有兩個盒子
I have in my hands two boxes,

都是神給的
Which God gave me to hold.

祂說把悲傷放在黑盒子裡
He said, 'Put all your sorrows in the black box,

把快樂放在金盒子裡
And all your joys in the gold.'

我聽了祂的話
I heeded His words, and in the two boxes,

把快樂和悲傷分別裝進兩個盒子裡
Both my joys and sorrows I stored,

不過. 金盒子每天都有加重
But though the gold became heavier each day,

但黑盒子卻依舊輕盈
The black was as light as before.

我感到很好奇就打開黑盒子
With curiosity, I opened the black,

想要一探究竟
I wanted to find out why,

結果我在盒子底下發現一個洞
And I saw, in the base of the box, a hole,

我的悲傷都從那邊漏出去了
Which my sorrows had fallen out by.

我把那個洞指給神看感到納悶
I showed the hole to God, and mused,

我不知道我的悲傷哪裡去了
'I wonder where my sorrows could be!'

祂輕輕地微笑說
He smiled a gentle smile and said,

我的孩子。它們都在我這兒呢
'My child, they're all here with me.'

我問神為什麼祂要給我兩個盒子
I asked God, why He gave me the boxes,

為什麼一個金色的 一個黑色卻漏底的
Why the gold and the black with the hole?

我的孩子金盒子是要給你數算你的祝福的
'My child, the gold is for you to count your blessings,

黑盒子是要給你拋開憂慮的。。
The black is for you to let go.'

No comments: